Try this easy to make delicious coffee mousse recipe. With its smooth and creamy texture, and coffee flavor and aroma, this dessert is perfect for any special occasion and ideal for coffee lovers.
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 150 ml of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (about ½ a cup)
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- Two tablespoons of Cointreau, aged rum, or coffee liqueur
- Cocoa powder, maple syrup, caramel, and some coffee beans to decorate
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar to a smooth texture (about 5 minutes). In a separate bowl dilute the instant coffee in the cold milk and mix them well with the liquor (you can use a mixer).
- Whip the cream very firmly and add the coffee mixture with folding movements so that the cream does not fall.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, add them gently little by little with a tablespoon to the above mixture using folding movements so that the mixture remains as firm and the mousse does not lose its airy texture.
- With a spoon (preferably wooden or plastic), fill the individual cups or molds (balloon cups in the photo) and refrigerate for a few hours until the mousse firms up.
- To serve, cover with syrup, caramel, or cocoa powder, you can also add a few coffee beans for décor.