Ah, National Brownie Day. A day dedicated to the gooey, chocolatey treat that brings smiles to faces and melts hearts (and maybe waistlines). This year let’s take the celebration to the next level by pairing our decadent brownies with a cup of Juan Valdez Café’s premium Colombian coffee. Get ready for an explosion of flavor that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
The Perfect Indulgence:
- The warm, chocolatey aroma of freshly baked brownies, infused with the rich, nutty notes of Juan Valdez Café’s Sierra Nevada Dark Roast.
- The first bite of the brownie, its dense and fudgy texture giving way to intense chocolate flavor.
- The smooth, bold taste of the coffee, with its subtle hints of caramel and dark chocolate, perfectly complementing the sweetness of the brownie.
This is the ultimate indulgence, a symphony of flavors that will transport you to a chocolatey paradise.
A Recipe for Bliss:
To create this culinary masterpiece, you will need:
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Juan Valdez Café Sierra Nevada Dark Roast
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup hot, strongly brewed Juan Valdez Café coffee
- Juan Valdez Café Sierra Nevada Dark Roast (available online)
- Coffee grinder
- Coffee maker or French press
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or microwave until smooth. Stir in the coffee grounds and let cool slightly
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Gradually add the cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, beating until just combined
- Slowly add the flour and beat on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in the hot coffee until fully combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving
- For an extra fudgy brownie, use 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder instead of chopped chocolate
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the batter for a subtle kick
- Top your brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Pair your brownies with a cup of Juan Valdez Café’s Sierra Nevada Dark Roast for the ultimate flavor experience
Order Online, Celebrate at Home
By choosing Juan Valdez Café, you are not only indulging in deliciousness, but also supporting sustainable practices and ethical sourcing. So go ahead, grab a fork, take a sip of your coffee, and enjoy every decadent bite.